WordWeb Pro Dictionary and Thesaurus for Mac OS
For the Windows version please see the WordWeb website.
WordWeb is a comprehensive international English thesaurus and dictionary, with definitions, synonyms and many related words. It includes pronunciations and usage examples, and has helpful spelling and sounds-like links. Wordweb does much more than a paper dictionary or thesaurus: WordWeb is truly a Word Web - each definition is linked to sets other related words. Just click on a word to explore the network of meanings.
- Up-to-date international English dictionary
- Synonyms, similar words and many usage examples
- 70 000 professionally-recorded audio pronunciations
- 285 000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225 000 word sense definitions
- 85 000 easy-to-understand text pronunciations
- Includes many proper nouns, compounds and phrases
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel, consonant)
- Full Text Search
- Bookmarks, recent and random words
- Full coverage of American, British, Canadian, Australasian and Asian English
- If the Oxford or Chambers Dictionaries are installed, they are detected and shown in separate tabs for easy cross-reference
- No internet connection required
- Use with Services to look up words in almost any program (including Word 2011, but not Word 2008).